Monday, January 19, 2009

Dont drink the water Dan Rodgerson












Had a long day but finally sitting in a cafe in Tulum Mexico.









Dad needed to work early and dropped me off a few hours before the flight. I routed through Charlotte and landed in Cancun about 3:30. I took the bus to Playa del Carmen and then another bus to Tulum.

Tulum is a very cool little town at the base of some amazing ruins.

I walked into my first hostel today and quickly turned and walked right out. I figured that I would rather pay the $25 bucks for my own room than bunk with 30 hippies. That was one of the first things that I learned down here: Hippieville. Granted, I love the lifestyle, but the idea of not bathing for a week or so, combined with the dreads..... I will have to pass. No amount of incense will cover the smell of urine, body odor, and weed.

There are certain levels of hippies. The first are the wannabe hippies who live in the suburbs, may have a small stash of weed somewhere, and say they believe in peace and love— but don’t really practice it. We can call this level of hippies Democrats. :)

It’s time for me to get on the road again. I will write more tonight.




Dan Rodgerson



Dan Rodgerson Live journal

Daniel Rodgerson Inspirational quotes

Dan Rodgerson Lonely Planet Profile

Dan Rodgerson Resume

365 Adventure profile Daniel Rodgerson

No comments:

Post a Comment