Sunday, February 8, 2009

Going deeper - Dan Rodgerson


Hollowed out wooden canoes.


The road to Mocoron


Plane landed safely. The mountains and jungles were beautiful but it was hard to enjoy them being terrified.



Got into Puerto Lempira and I am always suspicious of new friends but these guys were legit. They were from Mocoron and wanted to make sure I made it safely.



Got a bite to eat and the parrot in the photo was just wandering the floor of the cafe.


I figured that I would be there for a few hours and drank nearly a half gallon of water. The truck pulled up ready to take me 80 miles deep into the jungle. There were 11 people in the truck. They built three rows of benches in the back of a truck. The road was very rough and washed out in several places.


Many of you will not believe this next part but every word is true.


About an hour into the trip I had to pee so bad! That half gallon of water coupled with the bumpy roads was literally painful. I could not ask he driver to stop the truck.


I thought....I have a water bottle in my bag. I lasted another half hour in pain and cramped up then discreetly pulled the water bottle from my bag. I placed my thermal shirt on my lap and went the southern way out of my pants. I looked around one last time, scratched my head with one hand as a diversion and Nealy filled the entire water bottle. Then I was left with another problem. What to do with a bottle of urine? I put on the cap and slid it between the seats. Would they think it was lemonade? Gatorade?


The truck finally got stuck in the mud. We needed to get out and push. I slid the bottle under the truck and we rolled away. So I have a bottle of my urine in a bottle on a back road of the jungle in an altitude cycle bottle. Sorry troy.


After about 4 hours I was told we were half way there.






Look close, you may see the bottle







This is another shot of the airport. I will look for a cargo ship on my way back




This is the truck we rode in the back of...in the rain...at 5 miles per hour....for 60 miles.





The bird from the cafe








Dan Rodgerson




Dan Rodgerson Resume Projects



Dan Rodgerson Favorite Motivational quotes

Lonely Planet Travel profile- Daniel Rodgerson

Dan Rodgerson Social Bookmark

Post Independent Article Daniel Rodgerson

Sun Sentinel Article Dan Rodgerson

No comments:

Post a Comment