Wednesday, February 4, 2009

On the road again.... - Dan Rodgerson

My mother called and asked…what is going on? I told her that I was doing well, going to have dinner with my girls and heading back to Honduras on a red eye flight. Silence. Then my mother could not contain herself, "what in the hell are you going back for?" I told her that I did not do what I came here to do and I wanted to go back. “well alright” The emphasis was on the last syllable and only my brothers would understand the affirmative response riddled with the disapproval.

Although my last trip was amazing, I feel it was not complete. My goal has been to try to turn a crummy situation into something positive. Excited about going to a place where not many white men have gone, and I am not talking about west valley or downtown Bridgeport.

I grabbed a friends laptop because hers was a bit smaller and lighter. I feel I will regret that promise….if I break it, I will replace it.

I packed a bit differently. Already left my new sunglasses at my brothers house.

Went back to the states, scheduled a few interviews, had to deal with a dead beat renter, moved some money around and headed back. Rough flight. Red eye and I think the pilot was looking for rough air to stay awake and the lady behind me was practicing her kick boxing on the back of my seat.

I hate to fly and I can't imagine that the plane from Costa Rica to San Pedro Sula will be very big. Might be a rough afternoon.










Rodgerson Favorite quotes

Live Journal Blogs

365 Adventure Profile Dan Rodgerson


Motivational Quotes Daniel Rodgerson

Dan Rodgerson Resume

Lonely Planet Profile Daniel Rodgerson

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!! I'm jealous! Wish I could go with you, I would soooo be your travelling buddy! Especially liked reading about your improvised toilet, thought I would wet myself reading that!

    ReplyDelete